APF Walter Katkovsky Scholarships
Up to nine $5,000 scholarships are offered annually for first-year students enrolled in APA designated programs in psychopharmacology. The American Psychological Foundation’s (APF) Walter Katkovsky Scholarships support early-career postdoctoral licensed psychologists (no more than ten years postdoctoral) in clinical or counseling to obtain training in psychopharmacology. The scholarships are intended to encourage opportunities for psychologists to join healthcare teams and benefit patients who have psychological and medical problems.
● Have applied to an APA designated program in psychopharmacology.
● Be an early career licensed psychologist (up to 10 years postdoctoral) in clinical or counseling psychology from programs accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
● Have experience with and commitment to working with patients who are experiencing medical problems in addition to psychological problems.
● Have experience in providing interventions/therapy based on theoretical and research-based conceptualizations of patient-problems and disorders.
● Recognize the need to evaluate the potential benefits, limitations, and dangers of introducing and eliminating psychotropic medications as part of patients' treatment plans.
● Be committed to providing psychological interventions/therapy as the primary treatment for patients.
● Show evidence of enrollment in an APA-designated program before receiving scholarship monies.
● Statement on how candidate fulfills the eligibility requirements and how the candidate will be able to provide enhanced patient care through psychopharmacology training (no more than five pages, one-inch margins, single spaced, no smaller than 11-point font).
● Two letters of recommendation supporting candidate's qualifications with reference to the scholarship's goals.
● Current abbreviated CV (maximum of 10 pages).
See our website for more information: https://www.apa.org/apf/funding/katkovsky?tab=3
Click here to apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=apa&
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2020. Please feel free to distribute this call as you see fit.
APF welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds with respect to age, race, color, religion, creed, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, gender, geography or training background.