Get Involved with the Society for Military Psychology!
ECPs can get involved with the Society for Military Psychology in several ways. Here's a checklist to get started (by exploring our website, you've already got a head start!):
1. Join the Division 19 Listserv and Facebook page.
2. Follow Division 19 on Twitter (@APADiv19).
3. Apply for a professional development grant or the Society's Leadership Program.
4. Contact the ECP Committee using the form below or email militarypsychECP@gmail.com.
5. Consider serving on one of the Society's boards or committees (see below) or serving on the 2019 Convention Program Committee as a reviewer.
6. Have a great idea you don't see here? Reach out to the ECP Committee Chair to discuss becoming a project officer.
What's going on RIGHT NOW for ECPs?
1. There are 2 Q&As on the Society's Leadership Program happening November 13th (4-5 PM EST) and November 15th (8-9 PM EST). The call-in # is 218-548-3345 and the passcode 2723487.
2. We are currently recruiting a new chair-elect for the ECP committee! You would serve a staggered 3-year term beginning January 2019. Email us with questions and send application materials (CV, statement of interest and letter of recommendation) to our current ECP chair-elect, Dr. Neil Shortland. Applications due 1 DEC 2018.
2. There is a call for a new communications chair. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please submit application materials (CV and statement of experience, interest, and understanding) to the same addresses NLT 01 DEC 2018.
ECPs on Society for Military Psychology Committees:
Brian Lees, Communications Chair
Angela Legner, 2018 Convention Program Chair
Ryan Landoll, 2019 Convention Program Chair
Jess Martin, Membership Committee Chair
Michelle Perry, Continuing Education Committee
Alex Wind, Communications Committee, Membership Committee
Jeremy Jinkerson, Communications Committee
Joanna Duriza, Membership Committee
Leah Rowe, Membership Committee
Are we missing someone? Let us know!
Society for Military Psychology Committees currently looking for members:
Communications (Brian Lees, Chair)
International Committee (Bob Roland and Paul Bartone, Co-Chairs)