Early Career Psychologists
Interested in joining the Society?
All individuals with degrees conferred within 10 years are considered to be early career psychologists (ECPs) within the division. However, professional and international affiliates are not automatically tracked by our division’s systems. If you are a professional or international affiliate within 10 years of receiving your degree, please contact the Div. 19 membership chair to be added to our ECP list.
The benefits of joining the Society as an ECP include…
- Access to APA Travel Awards (up to $750 for convention)
- Access to Division 19 Member Research Grants (up to $5000)
- Access to Early Career Psychologist Professional Development Grants(up to $2500)
- Eligibility to receive Society awards, including for Early Career Psychologists
- Opportunities for leadership and participation in governance of the Society – Division 19 is one of the most diverse divisions of the APA, including clinicians who treat military personnel, scientists who research military and defense agencies, and academics who teach application of psychology to military environments, and many more!Division members often are members of several other APA divisions, working in both the public and private sector, military and intelligence communities, understanding human factors that help protect our nation and take care of those who serve and have served. It also includes international members who represent a wide diversity of psychologists in various defense and national security settings across the world.
Already a member? Click here to learn how to Get Involved!
Check out our ECP spotlight – YOU could be next!
Have a question or want to learn more? Fill out the form below or contact us at militarypsychECP@gmail.com!
Jessica Ford, Ph.D., Chair
Kathleen Fry, Ph.D., Chair Select
Neil Shortland, Ph.D., Past Chair